Become a Q Club Member today and enjoy unlimited entry and other great benefits!
National Questacon Invention Convention Terms and Conditions
CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents/Guardians of the Participant (or Participants, if over 18 years of age) retain duty of care for the Participant until they have registered their arrival in Canberra with a National Questacon Invention Convention employee and resumes once return travel commences. Parent/Guardian acknowledges that the Participant will be travelling to and from Canberra unaccompanied and that during this time supervision is accordingly limited.
- Participants must obey all lawful and reasonable instructions from the Invention Convention Manager and Support Staff such as (but not limited to) all instructions, directions and procedures relating to work health and safety in operation at our premises. It is also expected that the Participant will be on their best behaviour and follow all reasonable instructions from flight crew and attendants during travel to and from Canberra.
- Participants must not consume, use, or be in possession of alcohol, illegal substances, or smoke cigarettes whilst participating in the Invention Convention this includes being on Questacon premises, any Invention Convention events, at accommodation or travelling to and from Invention Convention events.
- Once registered with the Manager, Participants must not depart from the Invention Convention environment without the approval of the Invention Convention Manager or the Support Staff.
- Participants should be aware that they are representing their school, family, organisation or business and Questacon. Participants should not engage in behaviour during their participation that harms the reputation of, or discredits, any of the above. Participants will be expected to be on their best behaviour at all times, this includes but is not limited to complying with this code of conduct.
- No disrespect of other Participants, presenters, Questacon staff, mentors or any other attendees at the Invention Convention will be tolerated under any circumstances.
- If Participants have any problems or concerns, they are to report them to the Invention Convention Manager as soon as possible.
- There is to be:
- Respect for the venue and all property;
- No interference with other people’s property;
- No use of venue telephones and other services (except at the Participant’s expense).
- no person in the room of another after ‘lights out’ or during compulsory rest time.
- If under 18 years of age the Participant’s parent(s)/guardian will be liable for any damage or loss caused to Questacon’s property and premises resulting from the Participant’s conduct.
- Once signed in, Participants must attend all approved activities (including meals) unless given permission to do otherwise by the Invention Convention Manager or Support Staff. Attendance will be recorded frequently to ensure participants are accounted for throughout the Invention Convention.
- Participants must wear enclosed footwear and any other stipulated uniform. A shirt will be provided to be worn during all activities.
- Participants must demonstrate punctuality as required by the Invention Convention Manager.
- Participants are required to take care of their possessions whilst at the Invention Convention. Questacon will not be held liable for any loss or damage to Participants’ possessions.
Breaches of any Code of Conduct Rules may lead to immediate expulsion from the Invention Convention. Should expulsion occur, the Participant’s parent(s)/guardian will be contacted and appropriate travel arrangements will be made. Any and all additional expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the Participant or the Participant’s parent(s)/guardian if the Participant is under 18 years of age.
CONSENT TO APPLY FIRST AID
In the event of any emergency, injury or illness, you authorise any official from Questacon Management Staff in charge of the workshop, to obtain on your behalf and at your expense, any medical assistance, treatment and transportation as deemed necessary.
All transportation to, from and between the Questacon Invention Convention venue, accommodation and activities will be arranged by Questacon. More information about the programme and sessions will be provided to Participants and their Parents/Guardians upon successful application to the Programme.
PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT AND CONSENT
Privacy Contact Officer
Legal Services Branch
Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
GPO Box 9839
CANBERRA ACT 2601
More information about the Privacy Act can be obtained from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Personal Information obtained will also be stored and held in accordance with Questacon’s obligations under the Archives Act 1983 (Cth).
Questacon understands that you may not want Questacon to use your child’s personal information in printed and digital materials and websites.