Become a Q Club Member today and enjoy unlimited entry and other great benefits!
Questacon — The National Science and Technology Centre provides enriching, inspirational and engaging experiences for schools and social groups. Questacon is open daily and offers interactive science exhibits, live shows, special themed events and live experiments.
The Ian Potter Foundation Technology Learning Centre (IPTLC) offers engaging, hands-on workshops in the purpose built Maker Space. It is a centre for creative, constructive, problem-solving activities that use a range of tools and technologies.
Questacon (Parkes, ACT)
- Sessions available 9-5 pm daily
- Available for all year levels
- Allow 2 hours for the visit, add 30 mins extra for shows
- After-hours experiences are available to school groups only through the Q by Night programme.
The Ian Potter Foundation Technology Learning Centre (Deakin, ACT)
- Sessions available Monday to Friday
- Tailored for years 7-12
- Maximum of 50 students
- After-hours experiences available
For more information, visit the IPTLC school workshops web page.
- Questacon houses over 200 hands-on exhibits in interactive galleries, as well as the foyer and outdoor Science Garden.
- Questacon's theatre troupe, the Excited Particles perform live Spectacular Science Shows daily exploring a diverse range of scientific topics. Shows, Awesome Earth, Move It! The Engineering Show, The BOC Liquid Nitrogen Show and Instrumental as Anything, run for approximately 30 minutes and are available hourly between 10:00am to 12:00pm and from 1:30pm to 3:30pm at no additional cost. Bookings essential.
- The Q Shop offers a range of affordable interactive science toys, teaching resources and souvenirs for purchase. Open daily between 9-5 pm.
- Catering options for lunch, dinner or light refreshments are available from the Mega Bites Café. For any catering enquiries please contact the Mega Bites Café directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 6273 6663.
- Located within Canberra's Parliamentary Triangle, Questacon is surrounded by gardens and lawns ideal for lunchtime activities.
- Coach/bus set-down and pick-up is available on the eastern side of the building via Mall Road West, opposite the National Portrait Gallery. View a map of the parliamentary precinct.
- The Centre has full disability access.
- Health information for visitors with pacemakers, epilepsy, and hearing aids or cochlear implants is available from the information and ticket desks upon arrival.
Venue safety information and insurance
Liability insurance and conserving visitor safety through Workplace Health & Safety initiatives are core components of Questacon’s operations.
- Venue risk assessment PDF 196 kB | Venue risk assessment Word 78 kB Questacon’s venue risk assessment
- General liability insurance certificate of currency PDF 239 kB Questacon’s general liabilty insurance certificate of currency 2016-17
- Property insurance certificate of currency PDF 130 kB Questacon’s property insurance certificate of currency 2015-16
N.B. If you are having trouble accessing either of the above documents, please contact the Schools Experience Programme Office via details below.
|Supervisor free entry
to student ratio *
|Social - Adult||$20.50||
|Social - Concession||$15.00||N/A|
|Social - Child||$15.00||N/A|
|Social - Under 4||Free of charge **||N/A|
|Q Club Members||Free of charge||N/A|
An invoice will be issued following the visit. Alternatively, payment may be made upon arrival by cheque, credit card, cash or EFTPOS.
* Entry for additional supervisors is priced at the same rate as their students.
** When accompanied by paying adult.
Making A Booking
If you have any further enquiries please contact our Schools Experience team.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (02) 6270 2893
- Fax: (02) 6213 7254