The Cyber Castle Challenge is an exciting learning experience in Minecraft: Education Edition for students aged 8 to 13 across Australia! Teach cyber security and the digital technologies curriculum through 4 distinct seasons of collaborative gameplay. Help students navigate the 21st century by developing their cyber security awareness and skill.
The challenge is designed for classrooms and community groups and will be available from Term 4, October 2022. Registrations are open now for educators and group leaders. Gain access to our full suite of supporting resources to help you deliver this program in your classroom. This includes:
- a teacher resource with lesson plans
- a student playbook linking game play to learning outcomes
- videos showcasing the careers of diverse cyber security professionals
- other exciting opportunities such as virtual and face-to-face professional learning sessions.
The 4 seasons (or levels) of the Cyber Castle Challenge are recommended to be played over 4 school weeks. Each season features 30 minutes of pre-game activities, one hour of game play and 30 minutes of post-game activities.
Things to know
- Suitable for ages 8 to 13 in classrooms and community groups.
- Made for teams of up to 4 players.
- Register for free to gain access to our full suite of supporting resources.
- Available online from Term 4, October 2022.
- Find out more about the Questacon Cyber program.
- Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minecraft provides a fun and interactive platform for learning. There are a huge number of lesson plans and activities available for all subject areas! Explore how Minecraft is used to teach the Australian Curriculum.
Minecraft: Education Edition is already available in many education departments and school systems as part of the Microsoft 365 suite. Check with your IT department or visit the Minecraft: Education Edition website for IT admins. Community groups and clubs can join in too! Find out more on the Minecraft website for camps, clubs and more.