Have you ever wondered what things will stick to magnets? Or why all metals don’t stick to a magnet? Or what static electricity is and how it’s similar to magnetism? Come find out at Science Time: Magnets and Static Electricity!
Science Time gets little scientists involved in a fun and interactive learning experience. Children work together to solve problems and investigate their exciting world. Each session starts with a question. Children and their caregivers work together to investigate, discover and then share their findings. Hands-on experiments, activities and crafts help children explore the topic further. The session finishes with a demonstration and an activity sheet so you can continue your STEM journey at home.
Things to know
- Science Time is suitable for little scientists aged 3 to 5 years (and their caregivers)
- Everyone wanting to attend a session will need to book a Science Time ticket, which includes entry to Questacon for the same day. Tickets will be available from Friday 12 August.
- Sessions start at 9:15 and 10:15 am each day. Each session runs for 45 minutes.
- You can find us in the Blue Door Room in Gallery 5 – please ask staff for directions.
- If you have any questions, or your child has any learning requirements, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Time schedule
You can join us for Science Time at 9:15 and 10:15 am on:
- Thursday 25 August
- Friday 26 August
- Saturday 27 August
- Monday 29 August
- Tuesday 30 August
- Wednesday 31 August
- Thursday 8 September
- Friday 9 September
- Saturday 10 September
- Monday 12 September
- Tuesday 13 September
- Wednesday 14 September