Plan your visit
To guarantee a visit to Questacon, please pre-book your ticket. Read our ticketing information before your visit.
To ensure a comfortable experience for our visitors, we have introduced timed entry. Visitor numbers are limited, and tickets can sell out quickly, especially on weekends and school holidays.
Good to know
- Questacon is open 7 days a week from 9 am to 5 pm. To find out what you can see and do when you come, visit the What’s on and Exhibition pages
- The Questacon Shop is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm or shop online 24/7 at the Questacon Shop.
- The Atomic Café at Questacon is open. Indoor seating is limited due to ongoing space restrictions.
- School groups are welcome to visit Questacon. To book a school trip, Please visit the groups and schools booking page.
- Questacon’s touring programs are visiting schools and communities around Australia! To see our upcoming programs, see the what’s on page.
As a Questacon member, you can still take advantage of free or discounted entry at our reciprocal science centres and museums. Make sure you contact each centre or museum before you travel to see what discounts and offers are currently available.
We’re also pleased to offer reciprocal members entry to Questacon. Please show your reciprocal membership card upon arrival.
You can use your free pass to book a visit to Questacon. The expiry date on free passes have been extended to account for the time free passes have been on hold (20 months). For example, if your expiry date was previously 1 January 2021, it is now 1 September 2022.
To book your visit using a free pass:
- Visit our ticketing page.
- Select your preferred session time.
- Enter the unique code at the bottom of your free pass in the complimentary ticket code box on the page.
- Select the number of adults and children attending, including infants and toddlers. Note you can book for a maximum of 5 people per ticket code.
- Bring a copy of your free pass with you to show to staff when you arrive.