Choose your experience
The first step to planning your school or group visit is to find out what’s on:
- Browse through our exhibitions
- Look for events and shows
- Choose between our daytime and evening programs.
- Find our catering options, risk assessment and insurance certificates below
- Before or after your visit, check our hands-on activities for the classroom. Or try our new Minecraft Cyber Castle Challenge!
Explore Questacon your way in a self-guided gallery experience.
- Maximum of 110 people per session, including accompanying teachers and adults
- Monday to Friday during ACT school terms, excluding public holidays
- Sessions available every 15 minutes from 9 am to 3 pm
- A visit to the Questacon Shop is included
See Questacon in a whole new light at Q by night.
- Maximum of 90 persons per session, including accompanying teachers and adults
- A minimum charge equivalent of 45 students is applied for this program
- Monday to Thursday during ACT school terms (public holiday surcharge applies)
- 2 sessions available – 5 pm to 7 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm
- 3 groups maximum for each session
- Dinner is available at Questacon through our catering partner, Atomic Catering
|Students grade or booking type||Price (per person)||Free supervising adults to students ratio|
|Social – Adult||$20.50||N/A|
|Social – Concession||$15.00||N/A|
|Social – Child||$15.00||N/A|
|Social – Under 4||Free (when accompanied by a paying adult)||N/A|
|Students grade||Price (per person)||Free supervising adults to students ratio|
An invoice will be issued after your visit. Or you can pay when you arrive for your group booking by cheque, credit card or EFTPOS. All group booking prices are exempt from GST.
Book your catering
Our catering partners – Atomic Catering – offer options for packed breakfasts, lunches and light refreshments. They also offer dinner for those attending our Q at Night sessions.
For any enquiries or to make a booking, please contact Atomic Catering:
Prepare for your experience
To get the most out of your visit, be well informed:
- Read our health information for visitors with sensory sensitivity, pacemakers, epilepsy, hearing aids or cochlear implants available on the accessibility page.
- Coach/bus set-down and pick-up is available on Mall Road West, opposite the National Portrait Gallery. See our getting here and parking page.
Insurance and venue safety information
While Questacon presenters will run the program with the students, duty of care remains the responsibility of teachers and adults associated with each group. It is expected that a teacher or adult from each group will be present in any Questacon gallery with students or children.
Questacon has $20,000,000 Public Liability Insurance. A copy of our Public Liability Insurance certificate can be downloaded below.
For any insurance and safety questions, please contact the Schools Experience Program Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6270 2893