- These terms and conditions apply to the purchase of admission tickets for entry to Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre, Parkes ACT (‘Questacon’). All tickets are sold through Ticketek at www.ticketek.com.au/Questacon. These terms and conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticket holders (‘you’).
- These terms and conditions are subject to change, and the terms and conditions that apply to your order will be those in force at the time that you place the order. Please ensure that you read these terms and conditions carefully each time you place an order.
- Your personal information, including your first name and contact number, will be collected and stored by Questacon. Your personal information may be used by Questacon for the purpose of sharing it with relevant state, territory and federal health bodies, such as ACT Health and the Australian Government Department of Health, if a state, territory or federal health body deems that contact tracing is required.
- Questacon may also use your personal information, such as your name and contact details, to provide you with the opportunity to provide us with feedback on your experiences at Questacon. If you do not wish to receive such an opportunity, please contact Questacon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and notify them that you do not wish to receive any further correspondence from Questacon.
- Each ticket can only be used once and is only valid for the session booked.
- Questacon will not refund a ticket because you have changed your mind about attending Questacon or if you forget to attend to the session you have booked under Clause 5.
- Once you have booked for a particular session under Clause 5, Questacon will not swap your booked session for another session. Questacon may, at its discretion, offer you a refund if you submit a request in writing prior to the booked session to email@example.com.
- You must not attend Questacon if you are unwell, including, for example, if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 such as shortness of breath, sore throat, cough or fever.
- Questacon may, at its discretion, refund your ticket if you are unable to attend because you are unwell. Questacon reserves the right to require you to provide a medical certificate or equivalent as evidence to support your claim for refund. Questacon reserves the right to not refund the tickets of your family or friends who were planning to attend Questacon with you.
- You must advise Questacon in writing if you are unwell and cannot attend your booked session under Clause 7 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the booked session time. Questacon will not refund your ticket if your request is not in writing.
- The ticket in non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash.
- For our 2-hour Questacon Experience, a child is classified as a person between the ages of 4 and 16 years. An adult is classified as a person aged 17 years or older.
- To qualify for a Concession membership, you must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a valid primary, secondary or full-time tertiary Student card
- a valid Senior card
- a valid Pension card
- a valid Centrelink card
- a valid Veterans’ Affairs card.
- Tickets may not be resold as part of a commercial package or at a premium, unless agreed in writing with Questacon.
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include all ticketing fees.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to make their own judgement as to the suitability of an exhibition for their child before making a booking.
- Questacon galleries and exhibits are subject to close or change without notice. Other than as required under Australian Consumer Law, no refund or other compensation will be provided for tickets booked. All requests for refunds, time extensions or other compensation should be directed to email@example.com.
- If Questacon is closed because of a policy or direction of the ACT or federal government, including any policy or direction relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic, Questacon will refund any ticket that is valid for the period of its closure.
- You acknowledge that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Questacon does not warrant and cannot ensure the security of information during transit over the internet. Accordingly, any information that you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
- Questacon reserves the right to refuse admission to you if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of entry.
- You may be denied entry or removed from Questacon where Questacon has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you are intoxicated, behaving in a disorderly manner, using vulgar or abusive language or adversely affecting the experience of Questacon’s facilities and services by others.
- You may be denied entry or asked to leave Questacon if Questacon staff have reasonable grounds to suspect that you are unwell and your attendance at Questacon may be a risk to staff and other patrons. Questacon may, at its discretion, refund the value of your ticket if you are denied entry or asked to leave the premises for the purpose of this Clause 19.
- Tickets must be presented for inspection by displaying a barcode on entry, either through an electronic device or in printed hard copy. Entry may be refused if Questacon staff reasonably consider a ticket to be invalid or fraudulent, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from Questacon or other authorised points of sale.
- Those presenting a membership ticket must have a membership expiring in 2020 or later. Memberships that have expired prior to 2020 are not valid for the reduced entry price and may result in refusal of entry.
- Visitors to Questacon have a shared responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others. In accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (ACT), visitors are to:
- take responsible care of their own health and safety
- take reasonable care to ensure that they do not adversely affect the safety of others
- comply with all instructions given by Questacon staff so far as they are reasonably able to.
- In addition, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (17+) at all times.
- Questacon does not accept responsibility for the negligent acts or omissions of visitors. Questacon’s liability to you is exclusively limited to loss and damage caused by a negligent act or omission by Questacon.
- The department has no direct control over the content of any linked websites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those websites. Links to external websites are provided in good faith, but it is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites. Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those websites or of any third-party products or services offered by, from or through those websites. Users of links provided by this website are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website they visit.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries, theatres or the Questacon Shop.
- Running, skates, skateboards and heely shoes (shoes with built-in wheels) are not permitted in the Centre or on the grounds. Shoes must be worn at all times except on exhibits as signposted or instructed by staff.
- Objects which may pose a danger to others (umbrellas, camera tripods and so on) must be left at the information counter. Locker hire services are currently unavailable.
- All visitors to Questacon are fully responsible for the safekeeping and security of their own personal belongings and valuables while on our premises. Questacon’s liability to you is exclusively limited to loss and damage caused by a negligent act or omission by Questacon.
- Questacon and grounds are a designated non-smoking area in accordance with Commonwealth Government Legislation.
- Surveillance cameras monitor and record Questacon premises and exhibits for the purposes of:
- internal quality monitoring
- ensuring security and safety of staff
- ensuring public safety.
- Questacon may give some or all of the information collected by its surveillance cameras to the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, ACT Emergency Services Agency, law enforcement bodies or other agencies or individuals for the above purposes.
- The information collected by surveillance cameras will not be used for any other purpose or disclosed to any other person or organisation unless such a use or disclosure is authorised by or under the Privacy Act 1988 or any other laws.
All general enquiries, complaints about Questacon’s compliance with the Privacy Act, or requests for access or correction, should be directed to the Department of Industry, Science and Resources Privacy Contact Officer:
Privacy Contact Officer
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
GPO Box 9839
Canberra ACT 2601
Or, you can email the officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No smoking: Questacon and its grounds are a designated non-smoking area in accordance with Australian Government legislation.
Thank you for your cooperation.