Are you a primary school teacher who is passionate about inspiring your students through STEM? Then Engineering is Elementary is for you. Engineering is Elementary is an exciting and immersive professional development program developed by the Museum of Science, Boston. We’re delivering the curriculum‑linked Engineering is Elementary program free to teachers across Australia.
This inquiry-based professional learning program will help you:
- build confidence to teach and assess STEM subjects in K-6 classrooms
- develop your STEM teaching strategies to meet the learning needs of your students
- engage students in critical thinking and authentic problem solving with the free STEM resource kit and unit of work
- connect to a national network of teachers for ongoing collaboration and support.
Explore the engineering design process with our bonus classroom resources, linked to specific units of work.
- Discover how portable water filters can remove contaminants to make water safe to drink.
- See how to design parachutes to safely and accurately drop precious cargo.
- Learn how a real submarine submerges and resurfaces.
- Find out how an object can be retrieved under-water through the use of hydraulics.
Find more things to do at home or in the classroom.