Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre has brought back the ultimate adults-only night out … SciNight is back by popular demand! Questacon’s galleries will be buzzing with excitement as the Centre bursts with entertainment, roving performers, unique cocktails, and oodles of science-themed activities, all focused on our evening’s theme: nostalgia.
Picture this: you’re a kid again. It’s your Year 6 excursion. You’re on a bus heading to Questacon. You’ve been saving your pocket money all month. You’ve heard there’s a giant slide and tons of science fun. All this time, you thought it was the best excursion you would ever go on … until you heard about SciNight! No chaperones, no children and this time there’s no-one to stop you buying a gallon of slime at the shop.
Wander through Questacon and experience all of our special SciNight offerings:
- Dance the night away at our Blue Light Disco under the giant moon installation complete with glow sticks, UV face paint and glitter tattoos courtesy of the Gecko Gang.
- Test your knowledge of STEM trivia with Australia’s premier drag ‘scientist’, Toni Kola, and see if you are smarter than a 5 year old.
- Make a box fort or play giant Jenga.
- Finally conquer the two-storey giant slide Free Fall (maybe).
- Watch Professor Fizzbin come out of decades of retirement for an explosive old-timey show for one night only.
For golden hour on the Rear Science Court, the Atomic Café and Glow Bar have mixed old-school favourites with some classic cocktails creating Red Frog Mojitos and Fairy Bread Martinis. Pair your cocktails with a grazing box with all the lunchbox classics including a devon, cheese and tomato sauce sandwich. If you’re still hungry, there’s also pizza pockets, mac and cheese croquettes, Chiko rolls, and Warheads, if you dare. And for those who love a pizza party, Wandering Wood Fired Pizza will be joining us for the evening. We even have something for the sweet tooth, with Cannoli Brothers on the scene - you know you dessert it.
So get your permission slips signed and pick out your coolest uniform-free day outfit, because Questacon is open after dark for adults only. The Centre is yours to explore, exactly how you remember it! *
* Well maybe not exactly – there probably wasn’t a bar when you were in Year 6.
The Glow Bar, Atomic Café, and our food trucks are open from 5 pm, so make sure you come on down and bust some moves to our pumping tunes before our doors burst open at 6 pm. Tickets are available online at: https://www.questacon.edu.au/whats-on/events/scinight-2022-nostalgia
Media contact: Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre 0468 516 411 or email@example.com