Have you ever wondered how instruments make sounds? Or how our ears can hear them?
Discover this (and more!) at Science Time: Music and Sound. Children will explore the surprising science of sound and make their own musical instrument to take home.
Science Time gets little scientists involved in a fun and interactive learning experience. Children work together to solve problems and investigate their exciting world. Each session starts with a question. Children and their caregivers will work together to investigate, discover and share their results. Hands-on experiments, activities and crafts will help children explore the topic further. The session finishes with a demonstration and an activity sheet so you can continue your STEM journey at home.
Come along and rock out with us at Science Time: Music and Sound.
Things to know
- Science Time is suitable for little scientists aged 3 to 5 years (and their caregivers).
- Everyone wanting to attend a session will need to book a Science Time ticket, which includes entry to Questacon for the same day. Tickets are available from Monday 15 May.
- Sessions on weekdays start at 10 am and 11 am.
- Sessions on Saturdays start at 10 am, 11 am and 12 pm.
- Each session runs for 45 minutes.
- You can find us in the Blue Door Room in Gallery 5 – please ask staff for directions.
If you have any questions, or your child has any special learning requirements, you can email us at ScienceTime@questacon.edu.au
Science Time Schedule
You can join us for Science Time: Music and Sound at 10 am and 11 am on weekdays, and 10 am, 11 am, and 12 pm on Saturdays.
- Thursday 1 June
- Friday 2 June
- Saturday 3 June
- Monday 5 June
- Tuesday 6 June
- Wednesday 7 June
- Thursday 15 June
- Friday 16 June
- Saturday 17 June
- Monday 19 June
- Tuesday 20 June
- Wednesday 21 June