We offer discounts to those who renew their membership.
|Membership length||1 year||2 years|
|Family (1 adult + 3 children)||$130||$215|
|Family (2 adults + 3 children)||$160||$260|
Your membership includes
- Entry to Questacon’s galleries whenver you like
- Free entry to many science centres and museums around Australia and the world, as part of reciprocal partnerships with Questacon
- 10% discount on purchases at the Questacon Shop – both instore and online
- 10% discount on purchases from the Atomic Café at Questacon
- Email newsletters
- Discounts if you renew your membership each year
- One free guest pass each year to introduce a friend to Questacon
Become a member
Interested in becoming a member? Here’s how:
- In person: See our ticket desk staff at Questacon and they will sign you up on the spot.
- Via email: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you an application form.
Give the gift of science
If you would like to gift a Questacon membership, you can purchase a gift card from the Questacon Shop. Our shop team will mail the gift card, with a personalised message, to any address you like. The gift card can be exchanged for a Questacon membership.
Visiting another city? We have several reciprocal partners across Australia:
- Sydney – Australian Museum*
- Sydney – Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences (including the Powerhouse Museum)**
- Sydney – Australian National Maritime Museum**
- Wollongong – Science Space**
- Melbourne – Scienceworks**
- Bendigo – Discovery Science & Technology Centre
- Perth – Scitech
- Brisbane – Sciencentre
* Q Club members who live within 150 km of the Australian Museum are excluded from receiving the reciprocal benefits at the Australian Museum.
** Q Club members who live within 100 km of these partner centres are excluded from receiving the reciprocal benefits at that centre.
Questacon also has a reciprocal admission program with many other science centres around the world. You can find these from the Association of Science and Technology Centers.
Terms and conditions
- Entry to a Questacon venue as a Questacon member requires a current membership, photographic identification and proof of entitlement to any concession benefits.
- Questacon members may have to pay an additional fee for Questacon special events or programs that are not included in a daily general admission ticket.
- All Questacon memberships are non-transferable. Only the person (or people) listed on a membership can access membership benefits.
- All Questacon memberships are non-refundable.
- For family memberships, if a family breakdown between the adults occurs, Questacon may, at its sole discretion and with the consent of both adults (where practicable), remove one adult from the family membership and issue that adult with an individual membership for the remainder of the membership. In these circumstances, children will be able to visit Questacon with either of the adults holding a membership. Questacon will not disclose any personal information contained in a membership issued under this clause to any third parties, including to people who previously held a joint family membership, except as permitted by the Privacy Disclosure Statement below.
- Reproduction of a Questacon membership card in any form is strictly prohibited.
- Questacon may terminate a Questacon membership if a member fails to comply with these terms and conditions, abuses any privilege afforded to them under the membership program, misuses their membership card or breaches Questacon’s conditions of entry.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that the details of their Questacon membership are correct at all times.
- Questacon respects the privacy of its members and will not collect, use, disclose or store a member’s personal information other than as set out in the Privacy Disclosure Statement below.
- Questacon reserves the right to update or change these terms and conditions of membership at any time without notice.
- Reciprocal benefits are subject to change without notice.
Privacy disclosure statement
The Department of Industry and Science (the Department) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) outlined in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which regulates how entities may collect, use, disclose and store personal information. Questacon is a division within the Department.
Questacon collects information from members such as title, full names, postal and street address, year of birth of any child members, telephone and e-mail contact details. Credit card details are also requested when paying by credit card. This information is collected directly from new and renewing members from membership forms. This information is stored using Centaman Systems Pty Ltd, a third party data storage provider, and is collected, used and stored by Questacon for the purposes of servicing your membership and providing information to you related to Questacon’s activities. Questacon collects and discloses a member’s e-mail address to Vision6, a third party, for the purposes of distribution of the Questacon Member’s newsletter.
The personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of: becoming a member of Questacon, servicing your membership and keeping you informed about the latest announcements, updates and providing information to you related to Questacon’s activities. Questacon may also contact you from time to time for research and feedback purposes to help Questacon provide a better service. Your completion of any Questacon membership form is voluntary.
Personal information obtained will only be used and disclosed for the purposes outlined above and will not be used or disclosed without your consent, except where authorised or required by law. You have the right to access the personal information Questacon holds about you at any time and to provide any amendments where necessary. Questacon tries to ensure that all information collected, stored, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Should your personal information change, please notify the Department or Questacon as soon as practicable.